Saturday, March 21, 2009

Relativity


DSC_0030, originally uploaded by stussyjoker.

What defines beauty? Surely such a question can garner many varying responses. Today as I was shooting some shots to document this, I noticed this drill laying on top of the scaffolding we had to set up to hang the Pterodactyl. This drill has been used many, many times. It has many gashes in its rugged plastic housing. Dirt and grime stain it's exterior. Yet, I feel that this shot is one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever taken. I personally feel that it is a wonderful commentary on what it is I love so much about photography. With some creative thinking, something as utilitarian as a drill can become a beautiful, aesthetically pleasing piece of art. Maybe I am too head over heels for photography, but I'd have to beg to differ. What does it do for you? Do you love this image as much as I do, or do you hate it's proverbial guts?

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful! Maybe you should just take more pictures of yourself.

    ReplyDelete