Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Man


Man, originally uploaded by stussyjoker.

Alright, so here is my first photo entry. I recently did a shoot with my good friend David out at Rattlesnake Bar. This image, while I don't find it to be necessarily the best stuff of the day, it is one of my favorites. At the risk of being incredibly cliche, it really speaks to me. I would very callously like to say that it is a subtle narrative, but it's not. Not to me. It screams in my face. All too often photographers treat what they do as some higher power. It's not. I'm sorry. Not every subject or subject matter has to be tear-jerkingly poignant. This sure as hell isn't. But someday it may be. I am twenty-two years old. Dave is twenty-three. Soon enough times like the one seen here will never happen again. We are so brutally in the twilight years of adolescence. And trust me, early twenties are not as grown as some would like you to believe. We are still kids. Not for very long though. I just find this piece to have such a contemplative narrative. I won't spell it out completely right here and now, but if you want to talk more about it, lets do it! Ok. There. First photo and it's not even my number one stunner of the shoot. Perhaps it will be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment